Monday, October 16, 2006

Happy Monday

Elijah had a big weekend! Friday he stayed at his Nana's and Papa's all day long while his mommy helped with interviews at the Resource Center to fill her vacancy. He did great and I am sure it was harder on me than it was on him. I went at lunch to feed him and he wasn't crying so that helped my heart a little bit.
Here's a picture of Elijah and his papa.
On Saturday we had our first big family outing. We went to lake Wilson and hiked around the lake for about 2 hours. It was really fun! Elijah got to wear his hat and gloves for the first time and seemed not to mind them. He fell asleep after about an hour and a half, but was really chipper and "talkative" the first bit of the walk.

Finally, on Sunday, Elijah wore his tie and vest (a special gift from his Nana) to church in the morning. His daddy wore matching corduroy pants. Then, Sunday night, he stayed in the church nursery for the first time. (There was only one other baby in there and that baby was 7 months old, so Elijah got a lot of attention and Mommy was brave enough to leave him). I am not sure how he really did, the worker said he did great but her 8 year old daughter (who was in there the whole time) told me that my baby "sure cries a lot!" We're not quite ready to subject him to Sunday mornings (There are about 17 babies in the nursery total!) but I could leave him again on a Sunday night I think.

Elijah is now 24 3/4 inches long and almost 14 lbs. What a porker!! He is also (generally) sleeping better at night. Friday night he slept from 8pm-1am and 1am-3am (then was up!). Saturday night was horrible--every two hours and lots of crying, but Sunday night he slept from 9pm-1am and 3am-6am. He seems to be making a general trend towards sleeping longer--all this without having to let him "cry it out."

2 comments:

Brother said...

I think you guys should draw a beard on the E.J. for Halloween. He'd look just like Justin. Such a handsome little man.

Nana said...

What a good looking boy! I checked this at school today and all the students in my Resp. Therapy class agree that he is the most beautiful baby ever! And for the record, his Nana & Papa had the best time they've had in a long time Friday with him here. He was a practically perfect little angel!