Thursday, June 11, 2009

Spray Park

The Spray Park in RM was AWESOME!! How did I not know about this before now? Elijah ran around and had a blast. He jumped right in with no hesistation. He later told me it felt like the water had ice cubes in it (it was cold) but that is was "free-freshing feeling on such a hot mugsy day." My 2 year old--using words like refreshing and muggy--what a hoot!
Lydia wasn't so sure about it at first so I went in with her. That was funny because I was in my clothes. We went straight from the OB's office so I didn't have a place to change into my bathing suit. I was soaked by the time we left but it was fun and cooled me off--ahh refreshing! Lydia coudn't figure out why they would turn on and off and she would be looking down at the off sprayer and it would start up and scare her. She got braver and braver though and she was good and soaked by the time we left.
I didn't get many pictures because it was spraying everywhere and I didn't want to break my camera. Besides that, you have to see the kids in action to really appreciate it. Elijah was just screaming and running and having a total blast!




Right before we left--with one minute left to go--Elijah went to go and jump in a sprayer, lost his footing (even with NONSLIP WATER SOCKS!) and smacked the back of his head on the concrete. He didn't lost consciousness, his eyes are equal and reactive, he isn't nauseous and is feeling fine except when you touch it. I watched him like a hawk for the past two hours and he seems fine. Here are some shots of the bump once we got home.
Side shot:


From the rear--see it on the left of his head?? Its huge!
Pray for the little guy. He's napping now and I gave him some Tylenol and put arnica on the bump to help with the swelling.
Can't wait until next week and the week after and the week after . . . .I am so glad we get to go all summer!!



No comments: