Monday, July 27, 2009

P is for . . .

Potty, Pee-Pee, Peeeeeeeeeese, and pearplane (airplane).

Lydia has been refusing a diaper most afternoons after her nap. If I put one on her, she takes it off. That's fine since we're around the house for the most part but frustrating if we want to go somewhere. She is really good about going to the bathroom and saying pee-pee before she goes. We had one accident today during dinner when she was distracted shoveling the HUGE amounts of food that she ate into her mouth (1.5 eggrolls, watermelon, noodles, milk and graham crackers). I can't believe she is going to potty train--I mean I am happy but sad too. I was really enjoying Elijah's complete independence when it comes to the bathroom. He's been doing great about 2 months. Now I have to go back to reminders every hour and making sure she's peed before we get in the car . . .

I think we are going to try and force her to wait to do most of the training until after the beach in 2 weeks. I just don't want to mess with it while we're on vacation. After that, I guess I will let her have at it and just put her in a diaper when she's at childwatch at the gym. It would be nice to only have one in diapers come January :)

No comments: