Thursday, August 06, 2009

Happy Birthday Elijah!!!

Happy Birthday to my little man--Elijah is 3 today!!! I can't believe I have a three year old. The first words out of his mouth this morning were "I'm three--can I have a piece of gum now?" Mommy--ever at the ready--had a brand new pack of Orbit gum waiting for him at the breakfast table. It was a hit--though he swallowed it after about 30 seconds. We'll have to work on the gum chewing.

After a breif discussion we decided to go ahead and do presents this morning. Both kids were up the majority of the night so that does not bode well for a cheerful evening tonight. They were both pretty cheerful first thing this morning so we decided to go for it. The big hit was the color with water book of Spiderman pictures. He didn't even bat an eyelash as the scooter we got for him he was so engrossed in the water color book. Oh well--best laid plans . . . You can never figure out what a 3 year old will like the most.
Elijah is incredibly excited about the cupcakes I made for him to take to Crocodile Dock VBS--he has already picked out the one that he wants to eat at Snack time. I hope he gets to pick first :)

Other than what we've done we don't have any birthday plans. He'll get his cake and do the family and friend thing on Saturday at his party.






Happy Birthday Elijah!! We love you buddy!

1 comment:

bethany said...

Seriously, you are amazing with the cakes!! I'm embarrassed to show you my attempts :) If I lived closer, I'd totally take you up on cake classes! And happy birthday to Elijah-I know what you mean about toddlers and presents. You just never know what they are actually going to like the best.