Monday, September 14, 2009

Not Me Monday!

Since it's been a few weeks I decided to do another Not Me Monday. I love these things--makes me laugh about some of the things that have happened this week.

Today I didn't laugh when Elijah said that his butt itched, took off his pants and put the balloon his sissy got at Harris Teeter in his crack. I didn't let him run around like that simply to avoid yet another tantrum and because I was seriously enjoying it. No mother could enjoy that sort of spectacle--it would just be wrong!

I also didn't laugh at my dear son when he fell at the park and his face came about 2 inches from a writing spider. He was terrified and screaming and crying and insisted we leave the park. I also didn't yell at my sweet angel of a little girl to not eat the same spider. I've never let my little girl eat a spider because I wasn't quick enough to grab it out of her hand. On that note, she's never eaten a japaneese beetle crawling on the grapes either.

Today, I didn't act like a CSI and do chalk outlines of my kids on the driveway. I didn't pose them arms and legs askew just to have a good laugh. I also didn't color them in and look at them through the 3D chalk glasses--that would just be childish. I didn't lick a piece of chack to see why Lydia insists on taking huge bites out of it every chance she gets. That would just be gross.

Those are just a few of the things we didn't do this week. What didn't you do?

No comments: