Monday, September 28, 2009

Smells like trouble in here . . .

Last night, Lyddie had a coughing fit at 9:30pm--she freaked, Elijah freaked, we got everyone calmed down. I went to bed at 10pm and Elijah was still up. He peed, I rocked him, I snugged him, I thought all was well. I brushed my teeth and at 10:30 I turned in. At 10:45 he comes in and says he wants to sleep with me. He is crying and upset so I let him. At 11:45 I kick him out--he is tossing turning, poking, prodding, kicking, licking and generally being annoying. At midnight he comes back in "just to close my windows." I told him if he got up again he was going to get a spanking. He commensed to screaming and throwing a fit. Daddy heard and came upstairs and told him to be quiet and get in bed. He messed around, opening drawers, turning on his light, reading books etc. until about 3 am when he finally fell asleep. UGH! I knew we were in for a rough day. I heard him get up at 6am. I couldn't believe it--I was so sure he would sleep in at least a little bit. He was quiet and I thought he was looking at books. At 6:30 his alarm light goes off so I went in to get him. This is what I found . . . .



Yes--an entire bottle of baby powder that he got from the closet. We use it to get the sand off at the beach. It was emptied everywhere. I thought I liked the smell of baby powder until I had to clean this up on two hours of sleep. I don't like the smell anymore. His mood is about what I would expect from a 3 year old on 3 hours of sleep. Unfortunately, his sissy is in a bad mood too from staying up until 8:30 playing in her crib, couging and being up at 9:30, EJ waking her at midnight and 6am.
Boy oh Boy--what a Monday!! I can't wait for naptime today!


No comments: