Friday, October 23, 2009

Halloween is Coming!!

As a kid I loved Halloween. I remember going in September to the fabric store with my mom and going through the pattern books and getting to pick out my costume. I always felt so sorry for those kids who got the costumes off the rack. I loved being able to pick out my own fabric and one of a kind costume. I always looked forward to the ohhs and ahhs from my classmates at school over my costumes.

It is one of those things I wanted to do with my own kids. I hope it becomes as special to them as it was to me. It sure isn't to save time or money--fabric is expensive and those patterns--whew!! time consuming! I just love giving my kids a one-of-a-kind creation.

Today I finished up the kids' costumes and I am so excited for Halloween to come next weekend. Elijah is going to be the Big Bad Wolf and Lydia is going to be Little Red Riding Hood. I even made her a dress and apron to match her hood. I know--its sick! I can't wait to take my little wolf and his sissy trick-or-treating. I think they are going to be precious.

The only thing I haven't yet done is make trick-or-treat bags. My mom sewed us pumpkin bags that held a TON of candy--way more than those little plastic pumpkins. Maybe I will tackle that this week if I am "sew" inclined. I am not going to worry about it though--the plastic pumpkins are classic and the less candy it holds the better! :)
The wolf head in progress--Ewok anyone??


1 comment:

Alysun said...

Can't wait to see them!!