Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Mr. Healthy

3 year olds are full of surprises.

Today we had errands to run and Elijah wanted a sucker at the bank before lunch and I let him and Lyddie have one. On the way home I we had the following conversation:

Me: "Boy am I hungry--what should we have for lunch?"

EJ: EJ thought a second and said-- "Mom, this sucker is yummy but it isn't healthy is it?"

Me: "No baby--its not. But that's why we don't eat suckers everyday. They're a special treat for behaving well in the bank."

EJ: "Yeah well, I need some healthy food to fight off these coughing germs. I want cauliflower and icy peas for lunch."

Me: "Do you want the kind with cheese on it or just plain?"

EJ: "Just plain--I like how cauliflower tastes."

So when we got home I got out the California mix (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots) heated it up and put it on his plate with some frozen peas and a drinkable yogurt. The boy scarfed it and had seconds on the veggies. Lyddie ate all of hers too. I was a little shocked but very thrilled. What good eaters I have!! I love that my kids like eating veggies and that I don't have to fight them on it!

No comments: