Monday, October 05, 2009

Not Me Monday!

The kids have NOT been driving me bonkers this past week. Nope, I absolutely thrive on little to no sleep and they do too. Their moods have been great and I have had endless patience. I also haven't gone to be two nights before 8pm because I am so tired--nope, I stayed up to spend some quality time in front of the TV with my hubby.

I have not, one two or three occasions, plugged the children into Kidsongs for 20 minutes of peace and quiet. I also didn't vacuum the house twice just to drown out their fighting. Nope--I teach my kids how to resolve conflicts, I don't ignore them!

This week we didn't make a sweet potato pie at 7:30am because Elijah couldn't wait. We also didn't call our neighbors at 8am to borrow butter because it was "pj day" and we couldn't go out because the whole day was spent in pjs. I would never do something like that :)

I don't laugh at my precious angel when she exclaims loudly in the car about the trucks she sees passing by. Nope, its not funny at all to hear "F**k Mommy!" as she points out the window and yells at the top of her lungs. I don't get a kick out of my kids unknowingly cursing at all.

I didn't tell my precious litle boy to "suck it up" and "quit being a wuss" when he went on for 20 minutes about the band aid that I took off his back. Nope--I have a lot of patience for his whining about stuff I KNOW didn't hurt him. I also didn't use baby oil to unstick the bandaid so I knew I could NOT feel guilty about it.

Hubby and I didn't laugh out loud when Elijah, in his sleep deprived, sick state, screamed for 43 minutes about putting the boogie back in his nose that I had wiped off. We didn't laugh when he insisted that he needed his boogie and that I needed to get it out of the trash can. We also didn't laugh when he proceeded to move from tantruming about the boogie to freaking out that the ketchup bottle was on the table and not in the fridge--we took it out for onion rings for lunch. Nope-we had empathy and comforted him and let him have his way because giving into tantrums is exactly what we want to teach him.

What didn't you do this week?

No comments: