Thursday, November 12, 2009

33 weeks and counting . . .

Tiny belly finally starting to show!!! 33 weeks and some change now! I'm not sporting some 80's fad either--that's the sleeve to keep my PICC line from getting stuck on my clothes.
Morning snuggles with the kiddos--they are both really clingy since I got this PICC line and they have to spend every morning away from me. Elijah FREAKS when he sees the tube and Lyddie just says "Tube mama OUCH!"



Today I had my 3rd treatment of iron and an OB appointment. It felt like a long day of doctors! The iron treatments are going well--I wasn't able to tolerate a faster drip like they had hoped--made me feel short of breath and my heart feel funny so they are just going to run it over an hour everyday instead of speeding it up. I get really nauseous when they flush the line but other than that it isn't too bad. I am a little anxious about tomorrow--it will be the first dressing change. Pulling all that tape and stuff off while it hurts as much as it still does makes me cringe. I am sure I will get through it though--the staff is great!
The OB appointment went well. He wants another ultrasound in 2 weeks since I haven't gained any weight in the last month and a half. He just wants to err on the side of caution. I am kinda excited he is willing to wait another 2 weeks (he wanted to do it today) so Justin can come.
Discipline issues are slowly improving. Every battle I win I end up not having to fight again. Thank goodness Mr. Stubborn has a good memory! Lydia is super clingy though and not napping well or sleeping well because of the upset in her routine. I will be glad to be back to being a stay at home mommy instead of a part-time stay at home mommy.

No comments: