Friday, December 11, 2009

Mind Shift . . .

Well it finally happened on Tuesday--I finally felt "ready" for the third baby to get here. Maybe its because the car is finally cleaned out or the room is finished or the PICC line is out or I am *mostly* caught up with organizing stuff I want to do. I am most certainly not nearly as miserable with this pregnancy as I was with Elijah or Lydia. With EJ I was so sick and with Lydia I had HORRIBLE sciatica that caused me to black out with pain. This one causes a little backache (though recently I think that is due to carrying and picking up my 40 lb 3-year-old!), a little nausea and nothing else. Granted the severe anemia wasn't fun but it didn't make me feel bad. The kids are still not sleeping well but I finally had the mind shift. Its nice--I am actually looking forward to her coming . . . something that hasn't happened since we found out we were expecting #3.

We've still got a lot to do to get ready for Christmas. We don't have the decorations up (just the tree), the house is messy and in need of a good scrubbing, we currently have the kids' present and one other present bought and nothing wrapped. We have no money and no ideas for any other gifts . . . not really sure what we're going to do about that. I am determined not to stress though--bring on Santa!

No comments: