Friday, December 18, 2009

Strict or Snuggly

Lately I've been "fighting" the afternoon nap battle by putting Elijah in our bed and snuggling him still and asleep. It works great--except it means I don't get a good nap :( It is also probably going to come back to bite me when Isabelle gets here and I have to try and get her napping/nursing etc. They won't be able to be in the same room--she'd wake him up.

I guess I am just savoring my last few days of being a mom of "just" two kids. I get Lydia down, get Elijah down and then Lydia is up shortly thereafter. I wish she were a better napper but alas its not in her character to nap much more than an hour or haour and a half :( Elijah is still taking a two or two and half hour nap.

I know another mom, who I greatly admire, who is very strict. Her kids all sleep in one room and they go straight to sleep, don't cry out in the middle of the night, don't come out during naptime or play around. They know that mom means business. I don't have that sort of control over my kids at all. They walk all over me when it comes to sleeping. I am such a pushover. Something about a warm snuggly body in the bed, little hands cupping my face, sweet breath on my cheek that just makes my heart melt. I know they are only going to be little a short while and I just really don't want to miss out.

1 comment:

amy said...

Your kiddos don't walk all over you when it comes to sleeping! Pretty soon they won't want to snuggle with you at all! Savor it while you can and know that every time they do fall asleep in your arms you're strengthening the bond you share with them. AND they'll be better sleepers as adults. :) I wish my mother had let me snuggle to sleep with her...