Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Updates and Pictures :)

I know it's been forever since I've posted pics of my adorable children but they haven't been sleeping well and I have been cramping and contracting all day and night for a week now so I haven't had a whole lot of energy or sleep. I also just found the cord that Lydia took from the cabinet. Here are some pics of our latest doings in reverse order . . .

Last night, after de-tangling Lyddie's hair, I decided a little trim off the ends was in order. I think split ends were making it tangle more easily. I trimmed the tips off her hairs and she was a good sport. You can't even tell I did anything so I am glad :)
We attempted our first gingerbread house with great success. I had bought a set on clearance last year after Christmas and since the kids don't like the cookies or the icing I knew we'd be OK to use it. It went great--they love the candy and loke to pick at it. I think they ate WAY too much candy while they made it but it was really fun. I loved the kit because the pieces fit together and it was so easy to do.








We didn't do much in the way of decorating this year inside the house but we went all out in the yard. Daddy even went on the roof yesterday and hung up some lights up there. Very nice! The kids absolutely love thier lights, especially the candy "cames"


We made some ornaments for the birds to eat and that was really fun. I put the birdseed in a tupperware and let the kids shake peanut butter covered pinecones in the seed. It only took about 10 minutes to make all 4, but it was still a fun craft.



Finally, earlier this month we left the kiddos with Granny and Grampy and headed to our couples class party. It was really fun and we got all dressed up. It was so nice to wear hose and makeup! Afterwards we came home and re-did the nursery until 11pm and I finished up the paint job the next morning before church.


No comments: