Saturday, January 09, 2010

Beefin' Up Bethany . . .

When I took the littlest miss to the doctor for her weight and jaundice check Tuesday afternoon she had dropped from 6 lbs 11 ounces (birth weight) to 6 lbs one ounce. The doctor wanted to see her back first thing Friday morning to make sure she was gaining weight and to make sure that the bruises on her arm didn't cause her to become jaundiced (she came out with her fist under her chin and bruised her arm and shoulder during delivery--as well as taking out some of mommy). Anyway--took her back Friday morning and she was back up to 6 lbs 11 ounces. That's right people--We're beefing up our little girl on butter-milk! 10 ounces in 2 days! What a nursing champ! I guess God knows that I like to birth them small and grow them once they are outside!! I am almost excited to take her back to the doctor in a couple of weeks just to see how big she's gotten. EJ gained 2 lbs in his first two weeks . . . we'll see if his little sissy can match it :)

On another note we had a professional photographer come to the house today and do a photo shoot. I was disappointed that the older two didn't cooperate at all so we didn't get a shot of the three kiddos :( We did manage to get one of the five of us and I am hoping at least one turns out. We also got tons of shots of naked Bethany and angel wings and a big bow and some cute ones of her up close. We had great-grandma and nana and papa and granny and grampy and got to take family shots. We also got one of me and Justin and Bethany. Hoping for some good results. It was WAY more crazy than I imagined and Chris was so patient!! I had to nurse Bethany to sleep at the end of the shoot and he was content to just wait and then listened to her screaming about being on her stomach . . . its a good thing he has kids I think!!

Almost done with the birth story--just have to get enough energy to finish it up. I'll post it when I am done.

No comments: