Friday, March 19, 2010

Motherhood is not for the weak of heart!

This week has been killer.

Not sure if it is the time change or what but all three kiddos aren't sleeping. That means a very tired mommy AND daddy. For some reason the older two are getting up extremely early--4:30am early :( They are also up until at least 7pm each night because it is so light outside. Elijah has all but given up his nap and Lydia is only napping about 45 minutes. Not sure how MORE activity during the day is leading to less sleep at night, but I don't like it.

Don't even get me started on the baby. She is so much like Elijah it is scaring me. She is awake for hours during the day and generally takes a great afternoon nap. She'll sleep well (up every 2.5 or 3 hours) until 1 or 2 am then want to start her day. It sucks. There is no other word for it.

Last night I got less than ONE hour of sleep.

I hate this mostly because I am grouchy. I am sooooo tired. I am NOT the person who I want raising my children. I find myself yelling more and laughing less. I am trying with all my might to be a good mommy and a patient mommy and a consistant mommy. I am disappointing myself.

Lydia is on consta-whine from being tired.

Elijah is going through some kind of "evil" phase. I don't know how else to describe it--he will just run up to his sister and grab her hair and pull with all his might. He bit her to bleed the other day. He hits and kicks and throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way. He just has this look in his eye that is pure hatred for me. I swear I don't know where this is coming from but I hope it is over soon.

I keep trying to remind myself I am going to miss these days and dealing with a whiny toddler is WAY better than dealing with a defiant teenager. It isn't working very well. I want a vacation day. I want to call in sick. But I don't. I keep on trucking. I try and keep us busy and doing fun stuff.

Today we tilled up the garden.

Last week we redid the downstairs bathroom.

I am crazy.

No comments: