Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Big Girl Bed



Yesterday while Lyddie and EJ were at preschool dad and I set up her "Big Girl Bed"--it is beautiful and if my camera battery weren't dead I would upload the pics--UPDATE--camera fixed. We really need the crib now that Bethany is mobile--she's rolling all over the place and the floor isn't hacking it anymore. She overheats too much in the pack and play.

She loves it. We put on princess sheets and everything. She and EJ played on it, jumped on it, wrestled on it for about 30 minutes before naps. I put EJ in his room for quiet time and tried to get Lyddie to sleep in her bed. She loved being able to get up and get out. I fought about an hour--I kept putting her back in bed. About 50 times I think. She emptied all the wipes. She wedged herself between the bed and the wall. She kept coming to the top of the stairs. But it worked--she napped about 30 minutes and got up.

Last night I was prepared for another huge battle but when we tucked her in we told her to stay until her alarm light was on and we'd see her in the morning. That is IT. She lay down, fell asleep and stayed in her bed until this morning at 6:30 am. She didn't fall out or trash the room. Its a miracle.

Bethy is napping in her crib now. She loved the crib.

We'll start keeping her in there at night if she starts sleeping, until then she's in our room on the floor. At night she's pretty good. Its naps where she rolls everywhere.

I can't believe my little girl is in a big girl bed. Both kids have been so easy with the potty training and the move to a big kid bed. I may not be good at everything when it comes to mothering but I got those two nailed!

1 comment:

Alysun said...

Awww!! Bethany looks more like Lydia in this pic. Sweet, sweet girls!!