Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My oh My how I like pie!

Not really, but the rest of the family does. Our refrigerator broke (again!!!) last Friday so we are using a teeny tiny dorm fridge for milk and our freezer. It is a challenge cooking without leftovers! Also surviving without yogurt or cheese--YIKES! anyway . . I digress. After yesterday's horribleness I decided some pie was in order so I made a peanut butter pie since that was the only frozen pie I could think of that I had the ingredients for. I had already turned off the computer and, since it takes 20 minutes or so to boot up and connect to the internet, I just made up a recipe for one (normally I look online for recipes).

Justin LOVED it--he said he doesn't have enough hands to give it the thumbs up it deserves. EJ gave it two thumbs up and Lydia cried after the beaters were empty and she couldn't lick anymore. So here it is--


Covey's PB pie

1 chocolate graham crust--2.5 cups of the chocolate bunnies from annies (or chocolate teddy bears would work too), 1 stick butter melted--squish up into crumbs, mix with butter and press into pie pan.

1 block cream cheese (I used low fat)
1.5 cup peanut butter (I used JIF)
1.5 cup powdered sugar
1 container cool whip, divided (I used low-fat)

Let cream cheese warm to room temperature. Mix with beaters on high with peanut butter until fluffy. Slowly add powdered sugar. Fold in half of the tub of whipped topping.
Spoon into the pie crust.
Top with remaining whipped topping.
FREEZE

Take it out about 15 minutes before you want to serve it to let the whipped topping thaw a bit.

Delicious.

I liked everything but the chocolate crust but I don't like chocolate. Justin thought the chocolate crust was wonderful.

No comments: