Monday, July 26, 2010

My Boy

I'm brimming with pride at my little boy. I try and teach him to share and be nice yadda yadda yadda. What mom doesn't think that it goes in one ear and out the other sometimes. These past two weeks with im on chlorine have been brutal and I'd almost forgotten the little boy that he CAN be. He is almost back to his normal self--less hiting, less biting, less screaming.

Today we met granny at McDonalds so he and lydia could run around and get some bugs out. He got a wolverine toy (so did Lydia) in the happy meal. He liked it well enough but was really hoping for a spiderman. As we were getting ready to leave the little two year old boy next to us opened his toy and had a spiderman. Elijah went up with his wolverine and asked if he wanted to trade. The little boy didn't and Elijah just handed over his Wolverine and said:
"You can have it forever. You don't need to swap. I have my two sissys to play with and my sissy Lydia got Wolverine too so we'll share that one. You only have toys to play with so you can have my Wolverine forever."

What a generous heart he has. I thought it was so sweet that he considers his sisters better than toys and was sorry for this little boy because he didn't have any sisters to play with.

No comments: