Monday, August 09, 2010

Not My Froggy Feet





Let's see . . . This week I most certainly did not allow my two year old to wear froggy boots to church. I also wasn't completely relieved when she decided to wear her normal shoes when we got to the parking lot. Nope--I was kinda hoping to have to explain that one to all the people at church. I also wasn't just slightly proud of myself when I actually remembered to put her church shoes in the trunk before we left.


This week I didn't forget my purse and go grocery shopping only to have to leave my cart at the store because I had no way to pay for my stuff. I also didn't just tell the cashier that I wouldn't be coming back because I was too tired to drive home and get my purse and then come back. Nope, not me!


This week I most certainly didn't rejoice at my youngest finally being able to crawl EVERYWHERE. I am one of those sentimental types that hates to see new milestones reached--NOT! I also don't laugh and say "BONK!" every time she falls from pulling up to stand. Not me--I am one of those helicopter mom's that buys the pads for every piece of furniture so their kid doesn't get a head injury.


I also didn't pretend I was a troll and charge clothing for my "troll toll" as the children ran around after dinner. I never let my children strip after dinner and run out their energy before bathtime completely naked. I also didn't catch myself yelling at my son to "quit rubbing your scrotum on the couch!" after he had paid his tolls.


What about you? What didn't you do? Head to MckMama and you could win a free crochet beanie.





2 comments:

Ray said...

lol!Great post! :)

Mommy2Four said...

LOL..... I've never had to yell at mine for rubbing their scrotum on the couch, but I did have to ask him to please take the transformer out of his underwear :)