Monday, October 04, 2010

9 Months Old

Bethany is now 9 months old. She is a wonderful mess.
  • Bethany--you are still nursing about 6 times a day. You were nursing twice a night until a week ago. You started getting up EVERY 30 minutes. After four nights in a row of this I decided that you were going to kick this eating in the night habit and I let you work it out by yourself in our bedroom while I slept on the couch. Just so you know I hated every second of it but I didn't know what else to do. Mommy needs to sleep precious girl!
  • You take two naps--one at 9:30 and one at 1:30. Sometimes they are 45 minutes, sometimes they are 2 hours. You keep us guessing!
  • You get up around 5:30 or 6am but we make you wait until 6:30 just like your brother and sissy. You go to bed around 6:30 at night most nights.
  • You have 3.5 teeth--two bottom ones and one on the top. The other top one is about 1/2 way through.
  • You love to walk with your little walking stroller and will stand by yourself for a few seconds. You have taken some steps but normally crawl or lunge to get to where you want to go.
  • You love to eat! Yogurt, frozen peas . . just about anything I put in front of you. You prefer to feed yourself.
  • You can suck through a straw now!
  • You can drink from just about any sippy cup now.
  • You do NOT like orange juice.
  • You like icy water-a LOT!
  • You like coffee and caffeinated breast milk :)
  • You really like garlic and garlic flavored breast milk.
  • You love the bath but want to stand up. Your favorite part is when we fill the tub and you can play with the running water.
  • You will not snuggle to sleep in the bed anymore. You like your crib. You always turn over on your left side (facing the wall) holding your lovey and sucking a paci to go to sleep.
  • You like anything Elijah is doing and constantly try to play with him. You love it when he pays attention to you and espeically when he pushes you in the swing. You just giggle and giggle.
  • You think it is absolutely wonderful if I lay on the ground and you can crawl on my head and hair.
  • You pull hair with gusto! You leave my earrings and daddy's glasses alone for the most part.
  • Your understand a lot and are talking more each day.
  • You love it when I smack my lips and you copy me every time.
  • Peek-a-boo is your favorite game to play with me. You like it when you are in a room and I peek around the corner or when I pop you up from behind the couch or something to see your brother and sissy.
  • We love you!
  • You are precious!

No comments: