Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Beachy Thoughts

Having fun down here. I am worn slam out though. I am trying to keep my cool and keep my patience. It is working about 90% of the time. I am being more strict than I would like but it is three on one and they know the odds are in their favor.

Lydia is cracking me up with "I got it under a-trol" (control) when I ask if she needs help. I know I use that expression, its just funny to hear her say it.

It is hard for me to realize sometimes how GROWN up my children are. Lydia has been forced to walk all week since I didn't bring the double stroller. The girl is TWO years old and she's obeying me, staying on the sidewalk, looking both ways and geneally impressing me with her listening. When did she get so grown up? There is a little boy, just two months younger than Lydia, and his mom is having to chase him back and forth and keep him from throwing stuff off the balcony and jumping down the stairs. Being a big sister has made her have to grow up so fast.

I am feeling a bit of mom guilt too this week. It is bedtime and I realize that I haven't done something like read with Bethany or snuggled with Lydia the whole day long. One on Three is tough and I don't feel like there is enough time in the day to do what I want to do. Having to split my time between them and not having anyone to help me is good for us though. Lydia has really cut down on the whining this week. Elijah is relishing his increased responsibilities. They are both loving the additional freedom of being here and being more on their own. They get to "wander" down the beach since it isn't crowded and I can keep an eye on them. IT is absolutely amazing to watch them play with one another for hours with NO toys. Just exploring the beach, chasing the birds, racing the waves and jumping off dunes. They don't fight. They aren't mean to one another. They laugh and hug and smile and run and have a good time. The more I leave them to it, the better.

I Love the beach. I love this mini-vacation. I am missing my hubby and can't wait to see him tomorrow.

No comments: