Friday, May 27, 2011

Hot Fun in the Summertime

Its summer--for us that means homemade popsicles!! The kids love 'em!! This year we broke in the popsicle molds with a concoction of mashed banana, chocolate chips and a ribbon of peanut butter goodness. Can I just say-delicious!!! The kids' agreed.
Today we had a couple of friends over to paint. I cut up some sponges and had the bright idea to let the kids stamp them with paint. Of course it started out alright . . . they did just what I pictured.
even Bethany wanted to get in on the stamping fun.
By the end of the 10 minute session my baby looked like this, Lydia had blue hair and her arms were covered and we broke out the sprinkler and bubbles to clean them off. Good times. I was patting myself on the back for doing it outside. Thankfully the rain held off and we were able to get it all cleanedup before the rain came.
I love to craft with the kids I just wish it lasted longer. The cleanup for this 10 minute activity was 45 minutes. The ratio of work to play is just not good on this one. Although it did make for some cute pics!

No comments: