Thursday, July 07, 2011

Overwhelmed

To say I am overwhelmed is an understatement. The kids are tantruming, not sleeping well and generally in horrible moods. Part of that is my stress, part of it is that they know we are moving next week and they are kids so they don't like change. I am struggling to keep the house clean or tidy--in fact I am just flat out embarrassed. I know we are moving and the house has to be boxed up and look crazy but its killing me. Especially after 4months of PRISTINE show ready house. Bethany is after the tape and unpacking stuff as fast as I can pack it--the older two try and help but mainly just dump stuff in . . . its so hard not to get frustrated with them.

Today is hard--I just want to sit and cry today. We thought we were all clear when it comes to moving and closing on a new VACANT house that we found but the bank won't tell us when we can close and they say next week is unrealistic. This is a shock to us because we were pre-approved and Thursday, when we pulled out of the other house deal I went and talked with the lady at the bank and she said closing next week wouldn't be a problem. I just feel like a cruel trick has been played on us. When I called the moving company to see how much it would be to store our things for a few days they came back with $2500. Seriously??!! That's insane. We can't afford that since we've got no equity coming out of this house we're in until it sells in three years. We're scraping the bottom of the barrel to make our 5% down. Now I get to cancel the moving company, call some people to lift and put our life in the detached garage and put the valuables/things that can't bake at 100 degrees at my parent's house until we close then try and arrange another move.

We love the new house, but it doesn't come with a washer/dryer, stove hood or fridge like the other home did so that is another expense we have to face.

Oh yeah--and the back yard backs up to a lake with no fence so we have to put that up too.

And the HOA has tons of rules about swingsets gazebos, awnings, pergolas etc and you have to get your neighbors to sign and approve everything before you do it and we don't know our neighbors and there is no directory for the neighborhood. So the swingset may or may not be coming with us but we have to wait and see.

I feel like we're bleeding money--we lost $1000 at the other place, we're paying for surveys, inspections, appraisals and more. The seller is paying $5000 towards closing but that' won't cover everything. . . Can I just say I hate money??

I swear it would be easier to just get rid of everything than to try and orchestrate this move. I can't believe how much stuff there is. We've had 2 HUGE yard sales and sold a bunch of other stuff. The funny thing is it is furniture, toys and clothing. We have a bit of decorations but other than that everything was out to see all the time.

There are lots of blessings in this though--were renting to a dear friend so she is letting us store the things in the garage until we can move. She's also letting us leave the swingset until we can figure out the HOA stuff. My parents have agreed to pay to move the swingset to their house or to the new house. My parents have also agreed to help us with the cash for the fence and appliances until we can save a bit more and pay for it. Things are working out. It is just a lot for me today.

1 comment:

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh, God bless you. Moving is so absolutely stressful. I am sorry to hear of all the things you are going through. I pray it will work out well in the end. Sending lots of good thoughts.