Saturday, July 02, 2011

Staple Gun



When we were planning on the smaller house I searched and found a great deal on a used Broyhill Dining room set and I sold our set. It came with 8 chairs and our old one only had four--I considered it a step up. The table is in great shape, the chairs, not so much. The previous owner had a cat, the cat liked the chair padding and scratched holes in it. It was ugly beige and pilled and torn. The price was right though and I have always wanted to go all HGTV on a set of chairs. I've seen the designers cover stuff--I have made slip covers before and now I wanted to try re-covering a chair.

I went to Walmart and found this great geometric fabric for $9/yard and bought 3 yards of it. I spent last night recovering the ugly cushions and I love how it turned out!! I did all 8 chairs. The beet-loving girls' chairs I also covered with clear plastic vinyl. They will be so easy to clean!! I am tempted to go back and get a bit more vinyl and do EJ's chair too just to be safe but he isn't usually a messy eater and he doesn't like beets like the girls do.

1 comment:

Jen Sebring said...

Um, this is brilliant. I'm totally inspired and impressed!

(Found you via Kelle Hampton)