Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Overheard . . .

Today Elijah was trying to convince his sissies that watching IMAX Deep Sea Creatures was waaaaaay better than Strawberry shortcake. They weren't having it. Bethy was crying because of the "spooky fish" and Lydia was talking.
Elijah: "Lyddie hush up . . .a really cool fish is coming up next. I think its an angler fish .. .oh no, its a hatchet fish. Well the next one is surely an angler fish. . "
Lydia: "Do you know what you are talking about? Admit it, you don't know what you're talking about!"
Elijah: "OK you got me . . . I've never been in the deep sea, I'm just guessing."

Three minutes later Bethy tore into the room with a fitted crib sheet (one from the poop-casso incident earlier in the week) that was clean. Lyddie put it on her head to run around and Bethany crawled into the pack and play.
Bethany: "I Jesus, you're Mary, let's play baby God."
Lydia: "Ok--away in a manger, no crib for a bed . . ." sings the song. Elijah comes on over
Bethany: "You yo-sef."
Elijah: "I'm not Joeseph!"
Bethany: "Who you then?"
Lydia: "He's not a wise man, that's for sure. He didn't know about the fish and he don't know about babies either!"

Finally tonight at bed, after forcing Elijah to eat his dinner of lentil spaghetti, we were talking.
Elijah: "Mom, why do you go down and clean up the kitchen before daddy gets home?"
Me: "Daddy likes stuff clean when he gets here. Its one of the ways I can show him how much I love him, by doing stuff like that for him."
loooooong pause
Elijah: "When I get married, one way my wife can she me her loves me is to NOT cook me lentils. That would be thoughtful."

1 comment:

Lori Smoot said...

Perfectly hilarious!