Wednesday, March 28, 2012

6 kids Under 6 . . . aka My Wednesday


So we've been keeping an extra kid for the past 3 weeks and today I offered to keep a couple of more for a friend of mine who will be leaving for India on a long term mission trip in a few weeks.  Elijah loves her son Roman and this is the same friend who kept all three of mine in addition to all three of hers when I got to do that AWESOME cake thing at the Indian restaurant a while back.

So here I am with two 5 year olds, a 4 year olds, two 3 year olds and a 2 year old.  6 kids all under the age of 6.  I got some strange looks from our neighbors when I make the trek to the park with all of them.    How precious is this though??

When we got home we had cool off time.  Lydia had bonked her lip on Kyler's head so we all enjoyed popsicles.  Lydia to make her lip better, the others as a reward for putting up with the whining.  win-win.

Now they are all upstairs having "quiet time" . . . it isn't quiet and I am quite sure the rooms will be a disaster when the timers go off in an hour but it is giving me a moment to be alone after a morning of controlled chaos.

Fun times though.  Tomorrow we'll be heading to the farm (me and the 4 kiddos) and then next week hopefully a buddy of Elijah's will join us for a Vollmer Farm trip and swimming at the YMCA afterwards.  Its going to be great!

No comments: