Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Movie Time!

So my groupon expired today.
I didn't know until I got home and went to see when (I remembered March).

So I did something I never do. I took three kids to the movies, alone. Three kids who hadn't napped. Three kids who were overtired and cranky. I fully expected meltdowns but I paid for that buggar and I was going to at least try and use it! We had a pep talk. Went to the bathroom. Left in the car.

We went to the theater to see The Lorax. Only it was just released and they didn't want me to use my groupon. We were going to walk out and Lydia was in tears. She didn't understand. The lady at the ticket desk called us over and said she'd take it so we got to use the coupon and see the movie. She didn't even charge me for the girls!! Awesome! Free movie.

Now Lydia has been to one movie. Disaster. She was crawling all over and didn't want to sit. It was dark and loud, her two least favorite things. I didn't have high hopes of actually getting to see the movie. I figured I'd have the girls in the hallway or in my lap crying and EJ would enjoy it.

It was really good. Lydia refused to wear the glasses and spent the whole movie plugging her ears and in my lap. Bethany sat there-glasses on-in the booster seat-glued to the action. This is the girl who has a 5 minute attention span during the day. I was in awe.

I did it. I stepped out of my box, out of my comfort zone, and I did it. We had a great time and I am so glad we went. It was awesome.

No comments: