Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Go Eagles!

We'll be breaking out the khaki pants and polo shirts come Fall.  Elijah was accepted into Kestrel Heights Charter.  It is one his Homeschool Co-op teacher recommended to us. 

It is completely different than when we found out about RN Harris.  It is a sense of joy I am having.  Elijah is very upset, he does like homeschool, but me, I am thrilled!!  I am tired of the daily battle, the guilt when it doesn't get done.  He is a very stubborn boy.  He is also a very lazy boy when it comes to work ("Mommy will you write it FOR me?").  Nothing out of the ordinary but it is wearing me out an a daily basis.  When he is motivated he will power through it.  When he doesn't want to work, it is frustrating for both of us. 

I am so excited about getting to focus on my girls.  Learning letters, playing dress up, princess stuff.  I think they will draw closer to one another without Elijah here.  I think Elijah will do great once he gets used to the idea.  He was NOT happy about preschool either but ended up really liking it.  Same anxiety about "Friday school" and now it and science are the highlights of his week.  I am 100% sure that we made the right decision to homeschool for Kindergarten.  He is used to Durham now, his world isn't upside down from a move and a new schedule.  I think once we get in the groove he will love school.

I am excited to get to try a new school.  We've already discussed that we'll plan to evaluate how things are going at Christmas and again in the Spring (when it will be time to sign Lydia up for Kindergarten!!!) to make sure this is the right choice for us.  I guess I am just so happy that I have homeschool as a backup.  I know we can do it and make it work.  I know what cirriculum I want to use and where to go to get it so it will be just a matter of a week before I get it if we decide that the real school thing isn't working. 

Ahh. . . big weight off my shoulders.

No comments: