Thursday, April 05, 2012

Life Little Lessons . . .

We Redboxed the Winnie the Pooh movie.  The kids have never seen Winnie the Pooh prior to this.  We have a puzzle of Winnie the pooh and that's pretty much their only exposure ot my knowledge.  Oh my word--that movie is fabulous!  The scene where piglet "Cannot Knot"  (and they go on to "Not knot?"  "who's there?"  Elijah and I were in stitches--the girls didn't get it).  So we go to the library and I tell Elijah that its a real book and we could check it out.  We found it and he said: "Oh boy! If the movie is that great imagine how fabulous the book is going to be!!!"  Yes my boy--the book is ALWAYS better than the movie!

How is it that the 2 year old, who won't stay seated for even one 23 minute episode of Dora, will sit in my lap for 2 SOLID HOURS and read 40 library books without budging?  Not a single squirm??  She outlasted Elijah and Lydia (who gallivanted off after about an hour to go and play legos).  Seriously??  I thought my voice was going to give out before she tired of the stories.  Wow!  What an attention span.  I need to train her to listen to the "beeps" and get out my old books on tape like I did for Elijah and Lydia at this age.  She'd love it!

Speaking of Library books, I love how, for the past 2 weeks that we haven't had any, Elijah still runs to the book spot and does a double take and is caught off guard that our bag is empty.  It is so wonderful that books are such a big part of his life!

How do children have the innate ability to aggravate the snot out of you?  I swear--is it in our DNA that they know to hold their finger 1/4 inch away and yell "I'm NOT touching you!" again and again just to aggravate one another?

Does anyone else get joy out of the fact that your kid comes downstairs dressed, thinking they look so great, and the outfit is just horrible?  Elijah came down today in head to toe camo, in last years shorts (which are about 3 inches too short!) and dark black "spy socks."  He then proceeded to try and wear his brown leather flip flops with the socks, decided that would work and just wore the flip flops instead.  He looked awful and thought he looked so cool.  I just have to laugh.  Of course, I am not much of a role model. I think I am just going to have Lydia dress the whole family from now on.  She's the only one who can do an ensemble.

No comments: