Friday, September 07, 2012

I'm not fussing . . .

Bethany has been having big problems with getting out of bed and crying after I lay her down to bed.  IT has been getting somewhat better since she gets up at 5am and doesn't nap . . she can barely hold her eyes open at night.  Still though, she has a chart she gets to put stars on.  When she gets 30 stars she gets her own leapster.  I am a fan of incentives.

Last night she wasn't asleep.  She had fallen asleep during the day for a brief catnap and wasn't particularly exhausted.  I went in and reminded her that if she fussed or got out of bed then she wouldn't get her star.

I came downstairs to clean up and I hear over the monitor her yelling
"Mommy! Mommy! I want more snuggles.  I want more snuggles.  Mommy do you hear me?  Mommy! Mommy!  I'm not fussing.  I can still get a star.  I am just yelling to you . . I need snuggles!"  It went on for 20 minutes.  She never got up or cried so she did earn her star.  OF course I could have done without the 4am wake up call.  I guess that's what happens when you go to bed at 6:30pm.

No comments: