- You continue to astound and amaze us every year.
- You love to read. You love to "binge" on a book and will sit and read for hours to finish it in one or two sittings.
- You are getting to be much more computer saavy and you can type in websites and do research very well.
- You are so excited about the NC law that says once you're 8 you can stay by yourself in the house. The thought of not having to go to the grocery with me is so wonderful to you.
- Your sisters annoy you like nothing else. You are currently VERY displeased that Lydia is living with us.
- You still want a brother very badly. You are planning for us to adopt one for you.
- The thing that drives you nuts is singing in the car--I can't sing, the sisters can't sing. . . you just absolutely cannot stand it.
- You know how to do laundry.
- You know how to do the dishwasher.
- You can clean well (and know all of the steps to cleaning the bathroom) but sincerely hate it.
- You "favorite" chore is washing dishes by hand.
- You are an amazing swimmer--your dive is perfect. You got the nickname "Michael Phelps" during swimming lessons this summer.
- You hated swimming lessons.
- You are really struggling with my and daddy's separation. My heart breaks for you.
- You love being in Wilson again. Especially close to your grandparents!
- You love to be touched--back rubs, massages, sitting in my lap. You also love alone time when its just you.
- You current favorites are Skylanders (Swap Force was your big birthday gift), Legos, Pokemon and Wimpy Kid.
- Your favorite food is rutabegas.
- Your favorite dessert is pie--especially the crust.
- Your favorite breakfast is Parfaits.
- Drawing and art is still one of your favorite pastimes.
- You are remarkably obedient, even when it comes to something you don't want to do. You will listen about TV, games, electronics, cleaning up and going to bed. There might be tears but I never have to tell you twice.
Saturday, August 02, 2014
So--first birthday as a single mom=birthday on a budget. We had a simple home party and here is what we did.
There is absolutely nothing Pokemon since noone has had a pokemon party since the 90's (or so it seems). Thanks Netflix for those cartoons :) So I didn't have to worry with plates/napkins etc. in the theme.
Here is the breakdown:
The invites--I made a file in Paint.net and printed off 4x6 pics for .07/each at the Walgreens. Total cost for invites was under $1
Streamers (red, black and yellow)-$2
Light up Balloons-4th of July Clearance-$1
Red Tablecloth and polka dot table cloth-$2
We reused plastic banners on the front of the house so those were free.
We printed out a banner with his name and some pokemon, which I guess has some cost associated with paper and ink but it is small as it was only about 15 sheets of paper.
Plastic utensils and plates and napkins-$3
Cake: I made it.
$2 for the cake and ingredients for icing etc.
$6 for the fondant from Hobby Lobby with my coupon
We had the little plastic figures
$.75 for the cake board
We popped popcorn-.$25 with our air popper
Watermelon-$2.99 (thanks Aldi!)
Chick-fil-A tray-FREE with a coupon
Weren't really goody bags--just pencils and coloring sheet. Thanks to back to school sales I got the pencils for $.80 including tax so the cost for this was only $5.60 (including pencils for my own kids)
Pokeball Scavenger hunt-$1.87 "practice" golf balls spray painted with leftover paint from another project
Dart gun target practice: Free (borrowed nerf guns from grampy and painted a toilet paper box)
Grand Total $35!!
My boy was thrilled!